Established in 2003, the Botswana International Financial Services Centre (Botswana IFSC) is establishing and developing Botswana as a world class hub for International financial and business services into Africa.
The Botswana IFSC is one of the key strategies that the government of Botswana has put in place to reduce the country’s reliance on mineral revenues, especially diamonds.The establishment of the Botswana IFSC is further aimed at:
• the creation of sustainable employment opportunities for suitably qualified citizens
• the enhancement of the skills base of the Botswana workforce
• fostering of innovation and sophistication in financial and business services
• the enhancement of Botswana’s already excellent reputation in the international financial and business community.
1. International Business Companies,
2. International Insurance,
3. International Investments Funds,
4. International Banking,
5. Business Process Outsourcing and Call Centers.